Monday, September 29, 2014

Mrs. Woody travels to Shelby MT

Shelby Elementary School
I started my day the the Shelby Elementary School speaking to the 5th and 6th graders. They were very engaging and had lots of questions for me.

Shelby Heritage Center
At 1pm I was at the Shelby Heritage Center to speak to the senior residents and hear some of their stories too.

Shelby Heritage Center
This lucky fellow got to join me at the courting table because, truthfully, no one else wanted to get up.

Shelby Heritage Center
This fellow, Tom, is a WWII vet and regaled me with machinegunner stories for quite some time. I could have stayed all day, chatting with him.

Toole County Library
Lastly, I spoke at the Toole County Library at 7pm. A smaller crowd but no less enthusiastic and I was pleased to see a few familiar faces from the elementary school. A fun, long and very enjoyable day in Shelby for me.

No comments: